This is not an exhaustive directory of adoption resources. Rather, it is a list of resources personally endorsed by Lori or a BestLight client. We ask your assistance in building this resource page. Let other adopting families know when you have a fantastic experience with an adoption-related organization — submit your own here.
My book: The Open-Hearted Way to Open Adoption: Helping Your Child Grow Up Whole. Your handbook to creating and sustaining healthy, child-centered open adoption relationships.
- Open Adoption & Family Services (nationwide, with offices in WA and OR)
- Adoption Connection (San Francisco)
- Lutheran Family Services of the Rocky Mountains (multiple locations)
- Lutheran Social Services of IL
- Abrazo Adoption Associates of San Antonio, TX
- Friends in Adoption (nationwide, with offices in VT and NY)
- AdoptionSTAR, authorized in NY, licensed in OH and FL, approved in CT
Adoption Blogs and Sites:
- Open Adoption Bloggers (archives)
- Today’s the Day (adult adoptee from closed era, as well as adoptive mom)
- Amstel Life (first mother)
- Musings of the Lame (first mother)
- Susie Book (first mother)
- The Donaldson Adoption Institute
- America Adopts!
- Canada Adopts!
More help with profiles:
- Pitter Patter Profiles
- Gourmet Book Design by Adam Rubenstein, a birth father
- Little Blessings Adoption